Australia Migration: Getting a Student Visa

The educational system in Australia is very highly regarded around the world, offering a wide range of internationally recognised courses. The universities in particular have a very high academic standard and a reputation for excellence especially in research-intensive fields. There are many opportunities for sports and extra-curricular activities, all within beautifully designed campuses conducive to higher learning.

Schengen Visa Travel Insurance

It is no wonder thousands of international students wish to study in Australia, especially since a student visa to Australia carries with it an increased chance of being granted permanent residency later on if and when the student decides to remain in the country.

If planning to study in Australia……

If you or your child/children intend to study in Australia, a licensed Migration agent can make an initial assessment of your visa options; most migration agents do this for free. To give you an idea, below is the list with a brief description of available student visa sub-classes for which foreign nationals like you may apply.

Student Visa Subclasses

• Subclass 570-English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

Applies to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III, or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.

• Subclass 571-Primary or Secondary School Course

Applies to Primary, Junior or Senior Secondary School Courses and Approved Secondary School Exchange Programs.

• Subclass 572-Vocational Education and Training

Applies to Certificate I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Vocational Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Diploma Courses.

• Subclass 573-Higher education

Applies to a Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Masters by Coursework.

• Subclass 574-Postgraduate Research

Applies to Masters by research or a doctoral degree.

• Subclass 575-Non-award

Applies to Non-Award Foundation Studies or full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian Award

• Subclass 576-AusAID and Defense

Applies to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australia Department of Defense undertaking full-time courses of any type.

• Subclass 580-Student Guardians

Parents or relatives can apply for a visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

Qualifying for migration to Australia under any of the above student visa subclasses depends primarily on the student’s acceptance to an Australian university or educational institution and the duration of the course. Some licensed migration agents’ services include enrolling you into any university anywhere in Australia for a bachelor or master degree, diploma or trade courses.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *